2 - 3 minute read
Rewind Back in Time with Cassette
Cassette is an audio plugin that imparts the unique character and sonic imprint of an often maligned recording medium, one that offers a sound like nothing else. This is Wavesfactory’s tribute to the sound that shaped their childhood.
A Love Letter to Simple Things
Cassette imprints instant nostalgia, movement and analog feel all around in its path. It has been carefully modelled after exhaustive analysis of a high number of sound signals recorded into real tapes. It includes the innovative “Re-Cassette” parameter and includes “randomness” in order to make things unpredictable and analog.
- Includes “Random Snap” for simulating the tape being caught momentarily causing pitch instability.
- Firmer bass as well as louder high frequencies.
- Artifacts: Control how the Artifacts parameter in the front panel works internally.
- Stability: Control how the Stability parameter in the front panel works internally.
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 (64-bit only)
- DAW capable of hosting VST or VST3 plugins, or Pro Tools.
- Intel and M1/Apple Silicon natively supported.
- macOS 10.9 or higher.
What’s Your Type?
Wavesfactory modelled the four cassette types available. Each one delivers different sonic characteristics. This includes a different frequency response, frequency-dependent saturation, high-frequency compression, hiss, asperity noise and much more.
It’s in Our DNA
An entire generation heard the music that shaped their lives on cassette tape. They are not perfect, in fact, they are far from perfect. But that’s what they love about them. Cassette always works at 192KHz sampling rate internally, and will impart its own sound signature to signals recorded into it. Changing tapes will have an effect in the frequency response of the plugin but also in the saturation, compression, static noise (hiss) and dynamic noise (asperity noise).