2 - 4 minute read
Cassette – An Audio Plugin that Imparts the Unique Character of an Often Maligned Recording Medium
Cassette is an audio plugin that emulates the sound of vintage cassette tapes and decks. It imparts instant nostalgia, movement, and an analog feel all around in its path. The plugin is Intel and M1/Apple Silicon natively supported and features a ferric-oxide coating (Fe2O3).
- Frequency response, frequency-dependent saturation, high-frequency compression, hiss, asperity noise, and more
- Rewind, listen again
- Stability: Control how the Stability parameter in the front panel works internally
- Artifacts: Control how the Artifacts parameter in the front panel works internally
- Features firmer bass as well as louder high frequencies
- 64-bit DAW and OS
- Each one delivers different sonic characteristics
- Randomness Under Control
- Includes “Random Snap” for simulating the tape being caught momentarily causing pitch instability
- It has been carefully modelled after exhaustive analysis of a high number of sound signals recorded into real tapes
- As you can see in this panel, Cassette uses oversampling in order to get rid of aliasing
- Includes “randomness” in order to make things unpredictable and analog
- Including the innovative “Re-Cassette” parameter
- Extra: More of what makes a cassette sound like a cassette
- Changelog in Version 1.0.3 Update (14.01.20): Cassette has been updated to version 1.0.3, fixing compatibility issues with earlier versions of macOS
- Changelog in Version 1.0.1 Update: Fixed: Pro / Home / Micro buttons now respond to automation
An entire generation heard the music that shaped their lives on cassette tape. Cassette has been designed to be fun, pleasant to the ear and true to the medium. It’s in Our DNA – This is Wavesfactory’s tribute to the sound that shaped their childhood.
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 (64-bit only)
- DAW capable of hosting VST or VST3 plugins, or Pro Tools
- macOS 10.9 or higher
Important Note: This software is available in 64-bit format only and will not function on 32-bit systems.