2 - 3 minute read
Introducing Chromaphone 3, the acoustic object synthesizer from AAS that strikes in full dynamics with acoustic sharpness and precision. This two-voice synthesizer is based on eight physically modelled acoustic resonators, allowing for a wide range of real-life instrument reproductions and unique sound creations.
- Two-part multitimbral, stacked or split
- Top-notch analogue modules and clever synth architecture
- Four performance macros per layer that respond to user-defined MIDI controls
- Factory library comprising more than 1000 sounds by top sound designers
- Expansion packs
- Proprietary technology that precisely models the bidirectional nature of the energy flow between the resonators and how they interact, capturing key acoustic behaviours of musical instruments
- Improved microtonal tunings via Scala scale files
- Expanded multi-effects module with reverb, equalizer, compressor, tremolo, and guitar amplifier processors
- Compatible with Chromaphone 2 sounds
- New browser with Packs, Sounds, Categories, and Creators views for efficient sound searching
- Mac: macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) or later, Intel Core i5 (circa 2015), Apple M1 processor or later, 64-bit DAW
- PC: Windows 10 64-bit or later, Intel Core i5 (circa 2015) processor or later, 64-bit DAW
AAS has streamlined Chromaphone and brought it to a whole new level. The new factory library of 420 sounds, created by top sound designers, and the ability to mix and match strings, plates, drumheads, membranes, beams, bars, and tubes to reproduce real-life instruments or create original ones, makes Chromaphone 3 a versatile instrument that provides a delightful mixture of real-life presence and distinctive timbres.