2 - 4 minute read
CrushStation is a versatile, best-in-class, stereo distortion platform for your Mac or PC. Developed by Eventide, it adds multi-effects to your mix, including a three-band EQ, Compression, Octave Mix, and Sag control. The Grit control in “Fat n Snappy” adds preamp-style distortion that can bring out kicks in the mix.
FX expert and author, Alex Case, refers to CrushStation’s capabilities as the “3Fs”: FIT, FIX and FEATURE. “FIX” a weak snare track by adding just a bit of Grit & Compression, “FIT” finesse the lead into your mix by adding a bit of warmth and bottom, and “FEATURE” the lead by crushing it ’til it hurts. But distortion is just the starting point, drive your Tone from Creamy Saturation to a Brutal Sonic Assault.
CrushStation also has a GATE function that can tame an aggressive distortion output, or get aggressive with high threshold gating and dry MIX for parallel gated crunch. HOTSWITCH allows you to instantly switch between two different distinct settings within the same preset at the push of a button, and the Ribbon feature lets you sweep the effect between two completely different settings.
The plug-in comes loaded with 35 Factory Presets that cover the many ways that you’ll want to use it, and system requirements are Windows 8 and later (Windows 11 supported) (64-bit only) and macOS 10.9 and later (Intel / M1 Apple Silicon supported) (64-bit only). It’s available as a VST, AAX, and AU plug-in and no iLok dongle is required to run this software – only a FREE iLok account/Manager is required for authorisation.
- Three-band EQ to shape your tone
- Compression, Octave Mix, and Sag control
- Grit and Sustain controls push into fuzz territory
- GATE function to tame an aggressive distortion output
- HOTSWITCH allows you to instantly switch between two different distinct settings within the same preset
- Ribbon feature lets you sweep the effect between two completely different settings
- 35 Factory Presets that cover the many ways that you’ll want to use it