2 - 4 minute read
Diversion – The High-Quality Software Synthesizer
Diversion is a versatile software synthesizer, designed for use in any genre of professional electronic music production. It takes full advantage of modern processors to bring you the perfect sound quality that fits standards of hardware synthesizers.
- Bus Processors: Two bus processors in Diversion allow you to transform the oscillators’ output into a wide variety of possible sounds. With many filter modes and types of saturation stages, you’ll have a great arsenal for creating arbitrary patches, including popular Trance, Psy, Dub Step, and Ambient sounds.
- Oversampling: Diversion takes care of digital aliasing that can occur after a non-linear processing of the waveform inside the oscillators and bus processors by using oversampling up to 8X within the whole processing path, excluding the FX section.
- Effects: Diversion uses two flexible FX lines for a separated processing of each bus processor’s output. Up to 8 effect instances can be stacked in one FX line, which is enough to create any desired processing chain.
- Sound Generation: Diversion offers 4 oscillators with a wide range of different waveforms and near to zero level of aliasing. With the new Wavetable Editor, you can edit waveforms both in time and frequency space, as well as apply different effects.
- Modulation: Many parameters in Diversion can be modulated by 4 LFOs, 4 ADSR envelopes, 4 MSEGs, and one XY-controller, called Master Morph. These options, along with the use of the Modulation Matrix, can really bring life to a sound.
- Arpeggiator and Trance Gate: Diversion features a 32-step Arpeggiator/Sequencer and a 16-step Trance Gate module, turning Diversion into a full-fledged workstation. With sample playback with granular synthesis and output audio recording, Diversion is a complete solution for your music production needs.
Please make sure your system has the following specifications:
- Modern processor with SSE3 support
- Windows Vista or higher
- OS X 10.9.X or higher
- VST 2.4 or AU compatible host software
Note: Diversion’s audio engine may consume lots of CPU power. With the separated FX processing, you can make lots of layered sounds, even those with two parts located in two fully independent sound spaces.