2 - 3 minute read
Cherry Audio’s Dreamsynth is a virtual synthesizer that pays tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog+digital synthesizers of the 1980s. It combines the precision and flexibility of digital oscillators with the warmth of analog filters, creating a uniquely 21st-century hybrid sound. Dreamsynth is available in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and Standalone formats, and supports MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) for more organic and expressive performances.
- Three dual-waveform oscillators, amounting to six simultaneous virtual analog or PCM sample-based oscillators with up to 16 voices of polyphony
- Authentically modeled virtual analog waveforms and 430 looping, one-shot, and single-cycle waveforms
- Fully polyphonic 16-voice string synthesizer which can be layered and split across the keyboard independent of the primary synth
- OB-style 12 dB/octave multimode stereo filters
- Extensive and accessible modulation capabilities, with 20 mod sources and over 40 destinations, including effects
- Analog drift control for increased authenticity
- Three tempo-syncable LFOs
- Arpeggiator with tempo sync, independently assignable to the synth and string synth
- Fully modulatable effects include multiple distortion and sample-crushing options, a 12-stage phaser, chorus, flanger, rotary speaker effects, delay, and reverb, including the new “Galactic” reverb algorithm
- Polyphonic Aftertouch as a polyphonic modulation source
- User-adjustable oversampling control
- Advanced one-click UI magnification
- Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls
Dreamsynth also includes a massive library of over 1100 presets created by a talented and diverse group of sound designers, and is optimized for performance with ultra-low CPU load. It is compatible with macOS 13 Ventura and natively supports the Apple M1 processor. It is also compatible with Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11), with a 3.4 GHz Quad-Core or M1 CPU with 8GB of RAM recommended.