2 - 4 minute read
FabFilter Saturn 2
From subtle, clean and warm tube or tape saturation to the wildest multiband guitar amp effects, FabFilter Saturn 2 delivers. With all the XLFOs, EGs, XY controllers/sliders, envelope followers, and MIDI sources you will ever need, you get practically unlimited modulation possibilities.
Take your music to the outer limits with FabFilter’s extensive modulation section. By applying subtle modulation to crossover frequencies, dynamics, band levels or tone controls, great warmth and definition can be achieved.
- 28 different distortion styles, from subtle tube saturation to heavy guitar amps and bit crushing
- Multiband processing (up to 6 bands), with optional linear phase processing
- Adjustable slope for the crossovers, offering 6, 12, 24 and 48 dB/oct options
- Per-band drive, mix, feedback, dynamics, tone and level controls
- Live modulation visualization for targets and sources
- Optional HQ modes: Good (8x oversampling) and Superb (32x oversampling)
- Fully redesigned, easy-to-use interface, including a new design of modulation sources and floating slot panel
- Interactive multiband display
- Endless modulation options, with all the 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers/sliders, envelope generators, envelope followers, and MIDI sources you will ever need
- Curve control in EGs and transient detection in EFs
- Easy drag-and-drop modulation with 50-slot modulation matrix
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- Mid/side processing
- Various interface sizes and Full Screen mode
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Unique per-component presets
- Interactive MIDI Learn
- Carefully designed and curated Factory Presets, plus support of V1 presets
- Per-band solo and mute options
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
- Undo, redo and A/B switch features
- Mac: macOS 10.12 or higher (Intel or M1 Apple Silicon processor) (64-bit only)
- Windows: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Vista (32 or 64-bit)
Formats: All FabFilter plug-ins are available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats.
In addition, you get five creative FX distortion styles to mangle your sounds in weird and unexpected ways. And Saturn 2 visualizes all modulation in real-time to show exactly what’s going on.