2 - 3 minute read
The Lowdown Bass Synthesizer
Cherry Audio’s Lowdown is a virtual analog emulation of the renowned monophonic bass pedal synth, with every aspect precisely modeled in exacting detail. It’s the ultimate tool for creating super-fat, room-rattling sounds and can even soar to soaring lead tones. The Lowdown is available in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats, and is compatible with macOS 10.13 or above, as well as Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11). It requires a 64-bit system and a quad-core computer with 8GB of RAM is recommended. Native Apple M1 processor support is also available.
- Massive dual oscillators (saw, square)
- Throaty 24dB/octave lowpass filter with controls for cutoff, emphasis, and contour
- Single-button access to Bull, Tuba, and Bass three factory presets
- Variable live-panel mode, available with a single click
- Additional one-button controls to activate glide, decay, and octave
- Loudness and Filter master “foot” sliders
- Recessed panel provides access to programmable functions: Tune, Beat, Glide, Octave, Mix, and OSC B Frequency
- Rendered and animated foot pedal keyboard
- Select from 14 under-the-pedals floor surfaces
- Over 40 presets in an extensive preset browsing menu, and unlimited user preset storage
- Full MIDI control
- Full DAW automation for all controls
The Lowdown was carefully recreated by DSP and synthesis legend Mark Barton, who analyzed the original’s synthesis circuits and precisely recreated them. It was used by some of the top acts of the 70s and 80s, including Rush, Yes, Genesis, U2, and The Police. From the dual “constant-beat” oscillators to the girthy ladder filter, every aspect of the original has been modelled with exceptional accuracy. This demo will play white noise periodically, but is otherwise unlimited. A free 30-day demo of the Lowdown is available.