2 - 3 minute read
With a streamlined user interface and immense modulation capabilities, Polymode sets a new standard for animated, sonically evolving string, pad, and choral tones. A Goliath of Sound, the Massive Poly Sound Machine, Polymode is inspired by the groundbreaking Moog Polymoog synthesizer.
Available in AU, VST, VST3, AAX & Standalone formats, Polymode is 64-bit required and offers numerous features including:
- Precisely recreates the unusual paraphonic architecture of the original instrument
- Over 150 presets
- 32-voice polyphony
- Extensive modulation routings for almost all synthesis parameters
- Numerous modulation sources including velocity, pressure, white and pink noise and more
- Simultaneously available saw and pulse waves for both oscillator ranks
- Super accurately recreated “mode” filters
- Expanded resonators section with additional LFO, 12db/24db slopes, and notch mode
- Classic 24db ladder-style filter
- Integrated ensemble, phaser, tempo-synced echo, and reverb effects
- Classic Solina-style tri-chorus mode
- Two bonus LFOs with five waveforms and tempo sync
- Full MIDI control
- Full DAW automation for all controls
Windows: Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11), 64-bit required.
Mac: 10.9 or above (macOS 13 Ventura not yet supported). Quad-core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended. 3.4 GHz Quad-Core or M1 CPU with 8GB of RAM recommended.
Cherry Audio’s Polymode sidesteps all of the drawbacks of the original instrument and massively expands its capabilities. And though the original Polymoog sounded incredible, it could be challenging to operate and was prone to breakdowns. One of the world’s first polyphonic synthesizers, its unique multiple parallel filter implementation and mod routings give it a sound like no other synth, include native support for Apple M1 processor.