2 - 4 minute read
Producer’s Guide to DIY Mastering Online Course
In this comprehensive online course, Adam Goodlet, a seasoned music producer and owner of Re:Creation studio facility, shares his expertise on the DIY mastering process. With over 15 years of experience creating powerful, wide, and warm masters, Adam breaks down his 8-step mastering process into easy-to-follow lessons and techniques. The course features:
- 2 hours of tutorials
- Accessible 24/7/365
- Ableton Live and Logic Pro X mastering templates
- 18-page Mastering Guide pdf
The course covers a variety of essential mastering techniques, from EQing to achieve spectral balance, to multiband dynamic processing for a tight low end and crisp highs. With the accompanying Ableton Live and Logic Pro X mastering templates, you’ll have direct access to Adam’s personal mastering chain for your own usage. The course concludes with a look at how to bounce the final master, taking into account file type, bit rate, and dithering.
At the end of this in-depth guide to the DIY mastering process, you’ll have all the knowledge you need to create loud, punchy, and powerful mastered tracks that will sound massive on any speaker or sound system.
Please note: this course is available to stream in the Courses section of your user account and is not downloadable.
Sample Module and Track Excerpt
For more information, check out the sample module and track excerpt from the course below:
- Module 1 – Introduction
- Module 2 – What is Mastering?
- Module 3 – File Preparation
- Module 4 – The Mastering Process
- Module 5 – Analysis
- Module 6 – Headroom
- Module 7 – Stereo Balance Pt. 1
- Module 8 – Spectral Balance Pt. 2
- Module 9 – Dynamics
- Module 10 – Stereo Enhancement
- Module 11 – Spectral Balance Pt. 3
- Module 12 – Output Volume
- Module 13 – 3rd Party Plugins
- Module 14 – Dithering and Output
- Bonus Module 1 – Mastering Walkthrough
- Bonus Module 2 – Logic Template