2 - 4 minute read
Introducing the PS-20: The MS Synth Experience, Supercharged
Cherry Audio’s PS-20 is an ultra-realistic, polyphonic tribute to Korg’s renowned MS-20 synthesizer. The PS-20 truly is one of the most quirky and unique instruments Cherry Audio have released. First and foremost, PS-20’s dual highpass/lowpass filters super accurately recreate the MS-20’s famous raunchy sound in all of its squelchy, screaming glory. In addition to its unique filters, the MS-20’s other signature feature is its modular-style patch panel. Cherry Audio have reconfigured the patch panel from the original instrument, adding many desired in and out patch points for all oscillators, filters, and VCAs, correcting the confusing terminology of the original, and throwing in a few extras that greatly expand its usability.
- Super-accurate modelling of classic MS-style highpass and lowpass filters
- Up to 16-voice polyphony with random voice panning available
- Over a billion presets
- Three-channel, eight-step sequencer with 1/2-step quantizer and tempo sync
- Single-key chord memory mode
- Expanded and simplified full-function patch panel
- Advanced, next-generation patch panel cabling system from Voltage Modular
- External Signal Processor section with normalled sidechain input
- Virtual instrument and effect plug-in versions included
- Tempo-syncable modulation generator
- Unison detune for massive lead and bass sounds
- MPE support
- Four user-selectable interface colour themes
- Distortion, studio-quality reverb, and mod echo with tempo sync effects
- Full MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls
- Mac: 10.9 or above (macOS 13 Ventura not yet supported). Available in VST, VST3, AAX & Standalone formats. Native Apple M1 processor support, including Apple M1 Ultra. 3.4 GHz Quad-Core or M1 CPU with 8GB of RAM recommended.
- Windows: Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11), 64-bit required. 64-bit required. Quad-core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended. Available in AU, VST, VST3, AAX & Standalone formats.
Between its sometimes unpredictable filter behaviour, and the tremendous flexibility of its patch panel and sequencer, the possibilities are endless, and the creative “happy accident” quotient of PS-20 is simply off the charts!