2 - 4 minute read
Introducing Rotary Mod
Rotary Mod is a revolutionary rotating speaker effect that simulates the iconic Leslie cabinet. Just like the original sound derived from the famous Hammond organ, the plug-in produces a pulse-like vibrato effect depending on the speed of rotation. This classic, swirly effect has been used on countless hit records to drastically transform guitars, bass, synths and even vocals.
- Change the speed of the rotor and horn independently and adjust the mix of the two to produce pulsing effects and special vibratos
- Add frequency modulation to the rotor and horn speed using secondary LFO with selectable modulation source
- Choose cabinet size (Standard or Giant) to alter the sweetness of your tone
- Craft the exact sound you need with included Hi-cut control
- Use Tap Tempo to sync effect to the BPM of your song
- Incredibly easy to use with included presets
- Innovative Ribbon control allows for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously
- Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant
- Available as an Audio Units AUv3 plug-in and Standalone app
Play it Live
Rotary Mod comes equipped with performance-ready features, including a MIDI mod wheel and a quick and easy way to set up an evolving effect on the fly. With this intuitive performance macro at your disposal, you can achieve numerous unique and effective sounds. Try intensifying modulation depth for guitar or synth leads, blending between the Horn and Rotor for transitions, or simply changing the speed when you need to call attention to a synth pad or keyboard track.
- Windows 8 and later (Windows 11 supported) (64-bit only)
- AAX, VST2, VST3
- macOS 10.9 and later (Intel / M1 Apple Silicon supported) (64-bit only)
- AAX, AU, VST2, VST3
Eventide tests their desktop plugins in Ableton Live, Cubase, FL Studio, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, and Studio One. However, their plugins should work with any compatible host.
Notably used by The Beatles, Beach Boys, The Band, Cream, and Pink Floyd, this iconic emulation brings that classic ’60s whirling modulation bliss into the 21st century on your laptop or the palm of your hand. No iLok dongle is required to run this software – only a FREE iLok account/Manager is required for authorisation.