2 - 4 minute read
The SP2016 Reverb is a programmable studio rack processor that offers a unique blend of art and science to deliver natural and distinctive reverb sounds. With its complex algorithms, it emulates every aspect of the sound of a real physical environment, from the early reflections to the smooth Gaussian decay of the reverb tail.
- Room – a mono effect with stereo outputs that provides a basic ambient “room” sound
- EQ section with adjustable high and low filtering of the reverb
- Six Distinct Reverbs including Room, Stereo Room, and High-Density Plate algorithms with Vintage and Modern versions
- Position control for easy mixing of the reverb effect
- Fine-tuning controls including PreDelay, Decay, Position, and Diffusion
- Artist presets by renowned professionals such as Dave Pensado, George Massenberg, and more
- Low filter for cutting or boosting at specified frequency
- Extreme Pre-Delay range for reverberant doubling and single echoes
- No iLok dongle required, only a FREE iLok account/Manager for authorization
- Windows 8 and later (Windows 11 supported) (64-bit only), AAX, VST2, VST3
- macOS 10.9 and later (Intel/M1 Apple Silicon supported) (64-bit only), AAX, AU, VST2, VST3
Eventide tests the desktop plugins in Ableton Live, Cubase, FL Studio, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, and Studio One. However, their plugins should work with any compatible host.
The SP2016 Reverb is revered for its signature reverbs and has been used by renowned professionals such as Dave Pensado, George Massenburg, and Jack Douglas. Its natural sound makes it ideal for instruments like vocals, drums, acoustic guitar, strings, and horns.
The Hi-Density Plate reverb offers plate-type reverb with dual pickups simulating the effect of a larger, heavier plate. The Vintage algorithms are true to the original box, while the Modern algorithms are brighter and more diffuse. This powerful simulation offers parametric control for bigger and brighter sounds on vocals, guitars, and percussive instruments.